Summary of Course Topics
- Code of Ethics
and Professional Standards: Seminars and updates on ethics, arbitration, mediation, and hearing procedures.
Training: Topic deals with various aspects of association leadership, including preparing to be a leader, duties and
responsibilities, leadership challenges. In conjunction with Dynamic Directions leadership training and NAR's Leadership
200 and Leadership 300 courses.
- Seller Agency: SRS Designation Courses focusing on effective advocacy for representation
of sellers. A Co-Author of the Designation Courses and Co-Founder of SRS Council, LLP.
- Social Media, The Code and
The Law: Topic deals with how social media resources like Facebook and Twitter are impacted by the Code of Ethics and
- Short Sales: Qualified to teach NAR's Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource (SFR) Certification.
Dilemmas in Everyday Practice: Topic is a case study based course on practical issues that can cause ethical dilemmas for
the agent. Includes perspectives from a legal point, industry code of ethics point and general business ethics point. Can
be written to comply with NAR ethics requirement.
- Mediation Training: This topic can be taught in several formats.
For general membership and board leadership, a general mediation seminar of approximately 3 hours introduces the topic and
reveals the benefits of this win-win alternative. For those desiring to become mediators, a two day seminar is ideal. If the
association cannot schedule a two day format, a one day format is also available that starts new mediators on the road to
becoming successful mediators.
- Procuring Cause and Agency: Topic is primarily based in case studies about the effects
of agency and buyer agency on compensation and procuring cause disputes.
- Risk Reduction: Broker and agent liability,
including fraud, misrepresentation, negligence and tools to reduce broker and agent liability.
- Environmental Issues:
Lead based paint, mold, toxic waste, radon, EMF’s and asbestos.
- Fair Housing & Antitrust: Topic covers
both matters of conduct such as equal treatment and steering as well as fair housing advertising issues. In addition, there
is a review of federal antitrust statutes and effects on the real estate agent’s daily practice.
Issues for Buyer Representatives: This course deals with reasons for being a buyer rep, clients you must represent and those
you don't want to represent, duties of a buyer rep and elements of a good buyer agency agreement.
Buyer, Seller, Dual and Non-agency: Examines the myriad of agency issues and non-agency issues in today’s real estate
- Legal Issues in Selling New Construction: Topic examines various legal issues in new
construction and contrasts the practice of the sale of existing housing with new construction.
Topic examines legal contract issues and practice pointers to assist agents in completing and maintaining adequate contracts
for clients. Customized for local areas.
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR): Qualified to
teach ABR designation course, Relocation Representation and New Home Construction Sales.
Courses: Bruce is a member of the GRI faculty in several states and teaches many of these topics in a GRI format.
- CRB Course: Bruce is qualified to teach the CRB Risk Management course.
- REALTOR® Leadership Program: Bruce is a qualified instructor
for NAR's REALTOR® Leadership Program, Courses 200 and 300.
DSA, ABR, CRB, GRN, SRS
Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri